1. Make two folds to the top of the bag prior to use. To do so, fold the bag in half length-wise.
Fold a 3cm wide triangle at the top. Press to crease then unfold (see illustration to below).
2. Add contents to the vacuum seal bag, taking care not to get the top of the bag wet as this can negatively impact the vacuum function.
3. Take the pre-folded edges, double fold over on the inside of the bag, press together and hold to form vacuum funnel.
4. Press out excess air, place open end with folds in the vacuum sealer, lower lid, and lock.
Leave 3-4 inches at the top of the bag to extract the air.
5. Press ‘manual air extraction’ until the desired vacuum is achieved and heat seal bag closed. Take care not to over extract air as you may draw moisture into the vacuum chamber of your sealer.
1. Wash the vacuum bag in hot soapy water, use to store bait, seal and freeze.
2. Rinse and cut into smaller pieces and add to your home compost.
3. Make sure your compost is warm, has oxygen and moisture.
4. If you don’t have a home compost and live in New Zealand, visit: